Friday, June 19, 2009

New Album Influences: Jean Michel Jarre

Today's influence on Earth and Exile: Jean Michel Jarre. I grew up listening to Equinoxe. Literally, I can remember being four years old and seeing my mom's 8-track in the car, in the house, everywhere. She had the cover with the one guy with the binoculars, imagine my surprise on seeing the whole album cover years later with the same figure repeated. It's only recently that I've been exposed to the more popular Oxygene. Equinoxe is, as a result, my preferred album, though I do think it's not just the fact that I grew up with it, but that it's also a more realized album musically. But both are an influence, and getting their due today. Here are a couple of versions from a Youtube poster, Gattobus, who recreates them quite nicely. (Check him out, he even does Blade Runner.)



0 comments: