Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New Video: "Mecha"

 This is my second video, "Mecha," a song from my very first album, Lost Tales of the Space Cadet. It's set to a "fan film" of The Transformers that I created. I've always like the idea of having the listener create their own vision to go with the music, and this one's mine. The original image evoked in me by the radio signals was a boy on the roof with a transmitter signaling an alien invasion. But in the recurring storyline I developed for my albums, the Space Cadet, in the search for the "universal," approaches a mechanical planetoid called Mecha, where all emotion has been purged, leaving a robotic race of rationality. This version, though, is a guilty pleasure. I wanted to do the soundtrack for the live-action Transformers movie, but for some reason (like, never having contacted them), they never called me. Go figure. Anyway, I was adult about it ("don't worry about me, I'll survive...somehow....), but this is for the kid in those who prefer the frosted side of Shredded Wheat. Enjoy.

0 comments: