Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Be spacious, my friend..."

  The History Channel just recently aired a documentary called How Bruce Lee Changed the World. I was grabbed by this clip:




 
  So it is with Spaceplayer. My own musical exploration has been fluid in its own way, though maybe I'd use the word "nebulous," in keeping with the space theme. Space is a great metaphor, like water; it's open, spacious, allowing room for individual expression. People are like aliens to each other, until they learn to communicate. Each new interaction shapes us, for better or for worse. But I have found, personally, that in working with different genres, certain patterns and themes still emerge, of a personal nature, that unify all the different music I've created. Call it the eternal return, call it ego...the point is to call it out, to be. Not to be "open-minded," but "active minded." Not to submit, but to interact. To integrate, and prune away the inessential.

0 comments: